Bounce is the leading specialist sales agency for children’s books, representing some of the best independent children’s publishers in the UK and Europe. We have a strong track record of sales in both traditional and non-traditional markets, and pride ourselves on constantly seeking new revenue streams for our growing list of publishers.
The busy and varied role of Sales Manager has become available, and we are looking for an experienced salesperson with a passion for children’s books to continue to grow our publishers’ sales through key gift wholesalers and retailers including, but without limitation, Gardners, House of Marbles, and Allsorted. This person would also work closely with a diverse list of publishers providing sales feedback to support their publishing strategy.
- Responsible for all title sales from Bounce publishers to their assigned accounts and to seek new business within these channels.
- Routinely present frontlist and backlist titles to each customer, based on their buying schedules, ensuring conversations are tracked and orders are managed.
- Develop special sales, including special editions for these customers, in conjunction with other Bounce team members and relevant publishers.
- Secure promotional plans with Gardners for all relevant Bounce publishers, requesting approval for any promotional spend.
- Attend relevant editor meetings and report activity with their accounts as required
This is a challenging and exciting role to join what The Bookseller calls a ‘crackerjack sales team’ and work with some of the best independent children’s publishers. In return, we can offer a competitive salary and other benefits.
Please send a CV along with a cover letter indicating your current salary to:
Emilie Harris, Commercial Director
CLOSING DATE Friday 15 July.