- Writer Terry Blas introduces an all-new hero in an action-packed adventure from his popular REPTIL series.
- New York Times Best-selling author Daniel José Older revisits the legacy of Marvel’s first Latin-born superhero, Hector Ayala aka White Tiger, in an inspiring story rooted in real history.
- Catch up with the current white tiger, Ava Ayala, when author Amparo Ortiz confronts the young hero with the dark nature of his powers.
- Travel back in time with writer Juan Ponce to witness Nina the Conjurer, the 1950s Brazilian Supreme Witch, fight the raging spirit of nature known as Anhangá.
- Plus an introduction by renowned comic book scholar Frederick Luis Aldama on the history of Latinx heroes and creators in the comic book industry.
Stay tuned for more information on other stories in this collection, including works by Karla Pacheco, Alex Segura, Leo Romero, Edgar Delgado, Nico Leon, and more!
“Marvel Voices has been an incredible force in comics, enabling creators from all walks of life to bring our heritage and identities to Marvel stories,” said Pacheco, who recently wrote an essay of Marvel’s Voices for Marvel.com. . “I am honored to bring this very personal story from my own childhood to the book through Robbie Reyes ..”
“It’s a great project, and I’m very happy to be a part of it,” said Older. “I read all of the Marvel’s Voices collections and loved them, so it’s great to be able to write for one! Pa’lante!”
“Marvel Voices is such a unique project that I think it really deepens Marvel’s core principle of reflecting the world outside your window – so when the opportunity arose to help create Marvel Voices: Comunidades and celebrating the Latinx community, I couldn’t ‘“I was more excited,” said co-editor Lauren Amaro. “And that excitement only grows as the pitches of ‘stories continue to roll – trust me, you won’t want to miss what this talented group of creators are up to! “
Marvel’s first Latin superhero White Tiger was created by writer Bill Mantlo and artist George Pérez in 1974, KUNG FU’S DEAD HANDS # 19. Since then, Marvel has introduced many new heroes of Latin American descent from a multitude of different backgrounds, including current stars such as Miles Morales, America Chavez and Reptil. Join us in celebrating these heroes and many more when MARVEL’S VOICES: COMUNIDADES # 1 releases on October 20!
THE VOICES OF MARVEL: COMMUNITY (COMUNIDADES) # 1
Written by DANIEL JOSÉ OLDER, KARLA PACHECO, TERRY BLAS, JUAN PONCE, LEONARDO ROMERO, AMPARO ORTIZ, ALEX SEGURA, NICO LEON, EDGAR DELGADO & MORE
Art by ENID BALÁM, VANESA DEL RAY, ADRIANA MELO, LEONARDO ROMERO, NICO LEON, ALITHA E. MARTINEZ & MORE
Cover by JOE QUESADA
Variant cover by MATEUS MANHANINI
Variant cover by MARIA WOLF & MIKE SPICER
Variant cover by NABETSE ZITRO & JESUS ABURTOV
Variant cover remastered by GEORGE PÉREZ & JAVA TARTAGLIA
On sale 10/20